[mythtv-users] Upgrading to newer version -- one step forward, two steps...

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 23:05:43 UTC 2015

Thanks for you feedback.  All the past advice I received had been to
fire up mythbackend to trigger updating the database schema and then
firing up mythfrontend to get the mythmusic schema updated.

The current system version data is:

$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 24158
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100314-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libudev using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3
using_live using_mheg

The running mythbackend.log shows: Current MythTV Schema Version
(DBSchemaVer): 1254.

I will give it a try to have mythtv-setup update the schema(s).  I
will see about the MCC upgrade path, also, but I think it no longer
provides any support for my ancient 10.04 version (although it is far
newer than Fedora Core 6 that I started out with! ;-] ).

Thanks!

--
Craig.