[mythtv-users] H265 support

dennis deg at outlook.com
Fri Apr 10 23:01:30 UTC 2015

It looks like H265 playback is already supported in the master branch (
0.28 ).  I'm guessing it was added automatically with new version of
ffmpeg being used.

Playback of a 4k video does work, but has occasional pauses when played
through mythtv ( but plays smoothly through vlc on my system).   It
would only playback using xvideo,  as the opengl render crashes the
frontend immediately on playback.

I'll take a deeper look at the code and see what it would take to add
support for H265_VDPAU.    First glance,  it looks like only a few files
that would need to change.

Dennis