[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Fri Apr 10 13:27:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015, Rich Freeman wrote:

> I've never actually used it.  I'd read up on the docs for
> webapp-config with nginx in general.

Thanks for bringing webapp-config to my attention, Rich. I've looked over
the wiki article and it looks like that application might be helpful: the
fact that webapp-config is said to handle ownership/permissions issues is
certainly an attractive feature. But I've gotten a bit confused by
statements made toward the beginning of the article, to the effect that
"webapp-config . . . is used for automatic setup of web applications in
virtual hosting environments" and "webapp-config is aimed at providing the
package management functionality that web server administrators need when
running multiple web sites off of the same computer (virtual hosting)."
These statements do not describe my scenario: I will run only one site
from my FE/BE machine, and that will (hopefully) be MythWeb. There is no
virtual hosting, so far as I can grasp that concept, in place here. Given
that no virtual hosting is in play, will webapp-config really be
applicable to my situation?