[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Fri Apr 10 12:16:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 11:23 PM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:

> A Gentoo user might be able to come in with a brilliant pointer but if not
> perhaps you could start with what have you installed and how have you
> configured it and what directory has your copy of mythweb.

Typically Gentoo webapp-config is going to have you install mythweb in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb or the like (or you could install it
in a vhost directory not under localhost), and then it will stick the
apache config in /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/14_mythweb (I'm not sure if the
numbering is fixed in the tool or not offhand).  webapp-config is
fairly versatile and can be told to install web applications just
about anywhere I think.  If you don't have it configured for virtual
hosting it will probably auto-install the application under htdocs,
otherwise it will only install it under /usr and you'll need to tell
it where to install it in /var. For all Gentoo knows you run 47
different mythweb deployments in separate vhosts, etc.

I do see that we supply an nginx config for mythweb, so I'll assume
that it gets installed in the right place if you're using nginx, but
I've never actually used it.  I'd read up on the docs for
webapp-config with nginx in general.

Hopefully this helps a little.  I'm not sure if anybody is running
mythweb under nginx on Gentoo.  If somebody finds a bug I'll happily
accept patches, but I probably won't be able to do much to get it
working myself unless the issue is obvious.

--
Rich