[mythtv-users] Remove black border from recordings

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 06:02:47 UTC 2015

On 03/04/15 01:32, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
> <mailto:jan.ceuleers at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/04/15 19:28, Matt Emmott wrote:
>     > Are you sure that your recordings aren't just standard-definition and a
>     > different aspect ratio than the Myth interface? What if you open the
>     > playback menu (M button) video - adjust fill - full (This is from memory
>     > so the steps might not be completely accurate)? I think there's also an
>     > info button that will tell you the recording's resolution but don't know
>     > where that is.
>
>     They are SD recordings in 16:9 format, and I am already using adjust
>     fill.
>
> The "w" key toggles through several different aspect ratios.

Thank you, but this is not about aspect ratios. Let me state the problem
 more clearly.

Videos play back pixel-perfect: I see all of the picture on my TV (i.e.
I've disabled overscan), and all of the TV's rows and columns are being
used for displaying the picture.

Recordings however are displayed with a couple of centimeters of black
in the left-hand margin, half a centimeter of black on the right, some
bkack at the bottom as well and none at the top.

So my question is whether/how I can properly play back these recordings
without also fouling up the way that videos are played back.

I've checked the recording profile, and it only has options for the
picture size (in pixels), not the position relative to horizontal and
vertical sync.

Thanks, Jan