[mythtv-users] special notice from Schedules Direct -- mythfilldatabase not running at suggested time?

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 14:02:29 UTC 2015

I’m Looking at the Program Schedule Downloading Options, I have the following info:

Automatically update program listings  - checked
Guide data program:  /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase
No guide data arguments
Guide data program execution start:   0
Guide data program execution end:   23

Run guide data program at time suggested by the grabber - checked.

Apr  2 00:00:07 mythpc mythbackend: mythbackend[3191]: I CoreContext housekeeper
.cpp:674 (Run) Queueing HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
Apr  2 00:00:07 mythpc mythbackend: mythbackend[3191]: I HouseKeeping housekeepe
r.cpp:133 (Run) Running HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
Apr  2 00:00:35 mythpc mythbackend: mythbackend[3191]: I HouseKeeping housekeepe
r.cpp:151 (Run) HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB' Finished Successfully.

In the DB, i see the following:

mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd 2015-04-02T04:00:31Z

mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart 2015-04-02T04:00:31Z

mythfilldatabaseLastRunStatus Successful.

MythFillDatabaseLog

MythFillDatabasePath /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase

MythFillEnabled 1

MythFillGrabberSuggestsTime 1

MythFillMaxHour 23

MythFillMinHour

MythFillPeriod 1

MythFillSuggestedRunTime 2015-04-03T23:04:34Z

I do see that I am getting a suggested run time, but it looks like MythTV is ignoring it even though I am it set to use the suggested time.

I’ll check with the Mythtv mailing list.

Regards!