[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 13:35:00 UTC 2015

In article <VA.00002c42.00c4478e at foxhill.co.uk>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> The orientation of the teeny plugs is odd,
> but there is a diagram showing how to connect it all if you hunt
> through all the paper, which is handy as the connectors on the mini
> PCIe board are *not* keyed.

And you break the cables when removing them ...

Two of my adapters (0 and 2) are broken, so I assumed everything was
broken. I guess the bad cable means the TS isn't being seen.

So ...

1) I had to use media_build_experimental to get
ngene/cxd2843/tda18212dd working on Digital Devices DVB C2/T2 V3 card
and mini PCIe bridge.
2) The cables that Digital Devices use are more delicate than they look
and I've broken one when removing it. I'll buy new ones.
3) w_scan doesn't detect DVBT2 channels on this h/w and seems to even
find mention of them in frequency file confusing.

However, deleting the two bad tuners and getting mythtv to scan gets me
all my SD and HD channels.

Time to buy new cables for 8.5€ and then pay nearly 14€ for shipping to
UK. :-(