[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 10:50:44 UTC 2015

On 1 April 2015 at 18:01, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <CAJVtfJSkk=HPNyxXxc8kCR=YSXWq2FRTXhonfD0UFTz8B
> +MABQ at mail.gmail.com>, Ian Clark wrote:
>> The Nova-T was terrible on the reception front, only seeing about 30
>> channels on my roof arial, the new card can see pretty much every
>> channel I can get in my area.
>
> My Nova Ts have been fine, but I do have a big aerial and high quality
> cable throughout.

I think it may have been specific to the PCI version I had (Nova T-500
IIRC). From googling around it seems there's quite a lot of people
with similar problems.

I used to have a decent aerial and high quality cable at my last house
and had serious issues, which I put down to the area I was living in
at the time as I was on the edge of the transmitter coverage, however
I've since moved to a different part of the country and still got poor
reception from it, and as a friend says 'you can pick up TV on a wet
bit of string round here', I finally ditched the card. I knew the new
one would be better but I was shocked how much!

> I just hope my Digital Devices Duoflex system is reliable, particularly
> given that the drivers are clearly new and out-of-tree.

Good luck! The TBS card I've got took a bit of fiddling to get
working, but is now rock solid. (I do have one small issue with a
slight gap in audio when switching recordings at the end of a show,
but I've not looked into it any further, and it's not a serious
problem (as it only affects live TV anyway).

Cheers,

Ian