[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:24:38 UTC 2015

On 25 March 2015 at 15:49, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:
[snip]
> 5) Or are any of the quad tuner PCI-e cards worth looking at? I was
> one, and did some searching, but people seemed to be having issues.
> (Oh, and I only have one PCI-e slot!).

Apologies if this is a bit late, but I've just seen it and thought the
below might be useful to someone...

I had a Hauppage Nova-T which I've just replaced with a quad tuner
PCI-e card. (The TBS 6285), and I'm very happy with it, this is for UK
freeview.

The Nova-T was terrible on the reception front, only seeing about 30
channels on my roof arial, the new card can see pretty much every
channel I can get in my area.

The only issue I had was getting the card to work alongside my
Hauppage DVB-S2 card, but now that's fixed (basically make sure you
delete the modules/media directory before installing the TBS drivers)
the card appears rock solid. HD recording works beautifully.

The only issue I have is that the drivers don't support the
'adapter_nr' argument, and the UDEV rules looked tricky to write (as
each tuner seems identical without anything obvious to differentiate
them), however the driver for the sat card does support that option so
it didn't end up being a problem in the end.

Cheers,

Ian