[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 12:01:00 UTC 2015

In article <VA.00002c3c.01fbe327 at foxhill.co.uk>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> Thanks to everyone, and I'll definitely report my results.

OK, the hardware arrived. The orientation of the teeny plugs is odd,
but there is a diagram showing how to connect it all if you hunt
through all the paper, which is handy as the connectors on the mini
PCIe board are *not* keyed.

Initial results where disappointing as no demods were found, but using
the instructions here - (with typo of  libproc-processtable-perl
corrected)

http://support.digital-devices.eu/knowledgebase.php?article=145

I was able to build new modules and it's now seeing my tuners and
demods.

Actual command sequence (with fluff removed) was -

sudo apt-get install mercurial build-essential
sudo apt-get install libproc-processtable-perl
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-`uname –r`
cd /usr/src
sudo hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/media_build_experimental/
cd media_build_experimental/
sudo make download
sudo make untar
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo rmmod ngene
sudo rmmod ddbridge
sudo rmmod cxd2099
sudo rmmod dvb_core
sudo modprobe ngene

I'm not totally sure of rmmod order, so just keep doing it until they
have all gone.

I haven't been able to test it properly yet as I don't have an aerial
connected and I did everything above from work via ssh during my lunch
break!