[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not processing "updates" from SD for existing programs

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Sep 29 19:01:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-29 at 14:13 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Only possible way you'd get old data after a --dd-grab-all is if you're
> using a cached copy of the old download
>
> sudo rm -rf /tmp/myth*

There is/was nothing in /tmp or /var/tmp/ matching my* before running
mythfilldatabase.

But I see what's going on here.  mythfilldatabase seems to not listen
when being told to create temporary files somewhere other than /tmp/ by
$TMPDIR.  :-(

/tmp must have just crossed into the territory where it's too small to
house mythfilldatabase's temporary files.

Cheers,
b.