[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not processing "updates" from SD for existing programs

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:49:09 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> But I see what's going on here.  mythfilldatabase seems to not listen
> when being told to create temporary files somewhere other than /tmp/ by
> $TMPDIR.  :-(

As I recall, there is an initialization for m_tmpDir to be /tmp,
and changing it to be QDir::tempPath (which would respect
TMPDIR) required more serious looking at the code where
there were other explicit uses of /tmp (and, of course,
there are other platforms to consider).  That code could
probably use some additional error checking and other
TLC (or deletion when the legacy DD feeds are removed at
some point).