[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Fri Sep 26 17:23:17 UTC 2014

On 9/26/2014 9:20 AM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> The sd-utility.php program has an "Extract" function. It only performs
> a read of the tables.
>
> ./sd-utility.php --extract
>
> Using beta server.
> Using timezone UTC
> sd-utility.php utility program API:20140530 v0.12/2014-09-26
> Attempting to connect to database.
> Which sourceid do you want to extract:>1
> Please send the USA-IL57303-X.extract.conf to grabber at schedulesdirect.org
>
> That's pretty much all you need to do; once we get the extract we can
> turn it into a lineup. The one thing you'll need to know is your
> sourceid; if you're not running the "full" version of the grabber
> (which creates tables and adds things to settings) then I don't call
> the routines that make a pretty version of the MySQL data.

I looked at the setup instructions at
https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/mfdb-json/tree/API-20140530#installation
and have some concerns about this not working for my situation.

I am OTA only.  I currently have two "lineups" (zip codes) selected on
the SD website in order to get listings for the channels that I
receive.   I receive stations from both "lineups" on each tuner
(input).  My interpretation of the setup instructions is that going
forward, there will be a one-to-one relationship between the input and
the "lineup".  That simply isn't true for me.

The concept of a lineup has little meaning for OTA users.  A lineup is a
list of channels that someone else thinks one should get based on a zip
code, but does not reflect the channels one actually does receive.  I
have a list of channels and their associated XMLTV IDs. I just need
listings for those, and don't care about what "lineup" someone else put
them in.  Will it still be possible to select more than one "lineup" per
MythTV input going forward?

Jay