[mythtv-users] Netflix coming to MythTV native - no more wine/windows?

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Sep 22 19:34:25 UTC 2014

> What would be particularly nice would be creating a plugin that would
>> parse the HTML on the netflix site and generate native mythtv menus for the
>> available netflix content.  Only opening fullscreen chrome session for
>> playback.
>>

> Unfortunately, Netflix is closing down its API, and any attempt at
> parsing the HTML would only be met with frustration every time Netflix
> decides to make a change.

Agreed... that would be the worst part.  However Mythtv is a popular enough
project, and Netflix is equally popular, that I suspect that if someone
wrote a "netflix browser" plugin, and it was easy to update, it would be
quickly updated for changes.  Hell for years we scraped websites for our
listings... so it's not impossible.