[mythtv-users] UK: Strictly Come Dancing E1S12, looks like a dupe

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 20:24:54 UTC 2014

Hoi Karl,

> On 18.09.2014 21:39, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> I know that I don't get season or episode info, also if I get a
>> subtitle it is often wrong. Like NCIS with subtitle Los Angles.
>> I guess this might be the reason there is no programid.

> correct

>> I also know that last summer when I started with mythtv the old Dutch
>> grabber didn't work anymore, but after a lot of searching I found
>> another new one: https://code.google.com/p/tvgrabnlpy/
>> If I run mythfilldatabase it complains that this grabber is not
>> supported.
>> I have to update it to the latest version to see if anything changed.

> Hmm, could test it with tv_validate_grabber and see if it follows the
> contract.

>> Also the Dutch tv-guide market is quite complicated with a dozen
>> players or more. By law guide info may not be presented for more then
>> four days in the future, except for by these players. This originally

> Ouch, so basically each and every guide out there is illegal.
Only if it is further in the future then four days. Or if it's one of
those players. For supplying the info they get the right to publish
earlier.

>> to protect all the players selling their own paper guide. Else they
>> wouldn't share their info.

> No one wants data from the existing guide providers, so that's not a
> problem if they don't share anything.
Those players are the one broadcasting. We have about ten national
public tv organisations together broadcasting on the three public
channels. Plus as much local ones broadcasting locally plus a few
commercial ones on the satalite. I said it is complicated!

>> It's a thing I have in the back of my mind to look in deeper sometime.
>> One problem is I don't know python.

> No worries, the current code base is mostly Perl.
> https://github.com/NonameTV/nonametv
I neither know perl. I know shell scripting, VB and SQL good and a little
from a few others.