[mythtv-users] UK: Strictly Come Dancing E1S12, looks like a dupe

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Thu Sep 18 20:06:59 UTC 2014

On 18.09.2014 21:39, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> I know that I don't get season or episode info, also if I get a
> subtitle it is often wrong. Like NCIS with subtitle Los Angles.
> I guess this might be the reason there is no programid.

correct

> I also know that last summer when I started with mythtv the old Dutch
> grabber didn't work anymore, but after a lot of searching I found
> another new one: https://code.google.com/p/tvgrabnlpy/
> If I run mythfilldatabase it complains that this grabber is not
> supported.
> I have to update it to the latest version to see if anything changed.

Hmm, could test it with tv_validate_grabber and see if it follows the
contract.

> Also the Dutch tv-guide market is quite complicated with a dozen
> players or more. By law guide info may not be presented for more then
> four days in the future, except for by these players. This originally

Ouch, so basically each and every guide out there is illegal.

> to protect all the players selling their own paper guide. Else they
> wouldn't share their info.

No one wants data from the existing guide providers, so that's not a
problem if they don't share anything.

> It's a thing I have in the back of my mind to look in deeper sometime.
> One problem is I don't know python.

No worries, the current code base is mostly Perl.
https://github.com/NonameTV/nonametv

Regards,
Karl