[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:31:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at that thread on the SD forum, I see that comment about how
> you have to "add the lineups that you're interested in to the JSON
> service first.", which at first made me think they were talking about
> something in the SD web UI.  However the link it references goes into
> all sorts of cryptic stuff that I frankly don't get at all.  Anyone
> else understand that?

It just means that the new service allows grabbers to configure things
without requiring a user to login to a web site. Which isn't to say
that lineup management can't be on the Schedules Direct website at
some point, just that during the beta process it isn't.

User lineups on the XML service haven't been brought over to the JSON
service because the initial pool of testers is using lineups that
aren't necessarily "theirs" in order to test things out, especially
the new data for lineups outside of the U.S. and Canada, which didn't
exist on the XML service. That's why the instructions for the grabber
tell you to add a lineup.