[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Sep 18 19:42:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The instructions at
> >
> > https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/mfdb-json/tree/API-20140530
> >
> > are a little clearer (hopefully) and have additional information.
>
> Wow...I'm definitely going to sit this one out until I hear more
> specifics from the MythTV side of things on all this.  I don't really
> have time to dig into the stuff explained there in detail right now,
> but I'm not even sure I understand what's needed for this at a high
> level.  For example, if it can use existing lineups or if you have to
> create a new one, or if it requires stuff like a new input connection
> (sounds like it does??).  Yuk.

The way I read it, the XML service will remain functional, however data
will only get updated once a day from the JSON feed.  If I am interpreting
things correctly, we won't really be impacted... however the JSON solution
offers significant incentive to transition so I would expect that an update
to mythfilldatabase will follow closely behind the transition.