[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:10:37 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Rich Freeman
<r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Absolutely...glad I noticed this thread.  I am reading all this
>> correctly right...that if my system where left as is, my guide updates
>> will break like just over 6 weeks from now?  Yow...
>>

> Well, as others have said there is no need to panic, but I've yet to
> see anything official on this either.  I would expect them to patch
> the official mythfilldatabase and put it in the fixes branch, but that
> is just my guess.
>
> Worst case I'll just use the version being distributed by
> schedulesdirect, and perhaps package it as part of the Gentoo package,
> but I'd prefer to use whatever the official version will be.  The
> nature of guide data gives me up until the transition date and then an
> extra two weeks since my shows tend to not move around.
>
> --
> Rich

Ahh...I forgot you manage the Gentoo packages!  I was actually just
looking into upgrading to the recently added mythtv-0.27.3_p20140907.
Thanks for that!

Looking at that thread on the SD forum, I see that comment about how
you have to "add the lineups that you're interested in to the JSON
service first.", which at first made me think they were talking about
something in the SD web UI.  However the link it references goes into
all sorts of cryptic stuff that I frankly don't get at all.  Anyone
else understand that?

Tom