[mythtv-users] HD PVR 2 status check, or alternatives

Ken Truesdale kentruesdale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:38:32 UTC 2014

Andrew, thanks for the insight on how yours is working.  “I can usually tell” is much better news than if you had written “quality is so poor, I’d rather watch on HBO Go on an iPad mini”.  That gives me a much better feeling about pursuing the HD PVR (not 2) as more than merely viable.  Thanks!

Dan, thanks for the reply.  Good to know I’m not alone in wondering and that I’m not missing something on my Googling.  Interesting about the Colossus, though I’d have to do some clever card manipulation to make room on my system board for it even if that was an option.  USB would be better for me.

This may be a bit off topic but is anyone aware of where the original Hauppauge HD PVR Linux driver came from?  Maybe the source of that driver could be persuaded by a Kickstarter to try a driver for HD PVR 2!?

Ken.