[mythtv-users] MythTV Install

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Sep 16 15:33:16 UTC 2014

On 16/09/14 15:49, Richard Brook wrote:

> I did many Google searches on the subject. When I right click on the panel,
> and click the menu that gives me choices of items to add, audio is not one
> of them. I did, however, find a discussion on how to install an xfce volume
> indicator. This just adds a volume slider to the panel.There are no other
> sound settings. I sometimes use Skype and need to easily switch to my
> wireless headset and microphone, for example.

If you want to use Skype then you can configure audio and video from within the
application. This way you can set it up to be different than the default for the
host if you need it that way.

I would add that I could not get Skype to work on a Debian system without
installing pulseaudio; with that installed it was extremely easy.

--

Mike Perkins