[mythtv-users] nvidia card for 4k display

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:29:34 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> I just came back from IBC the broadcast trade show which is wall to wall UHD TV.

And I presume, that this time, the vendors hope the technology will
take off (unlike 3D), to maximize their profits.  When viewing a few
centimeters from the screen, I can tell the difference between a
nominal ~2K and a ~4K picture  At normal sitting distance, not so
much.  I suspect I will not be purchasing a 4K TV just because
I could any time soon.

On the other hand, I want a (reasonably priced) 4K monitor for
programming (there are good references on the 'net regarding
how it improves productivity).  But since (reasonably priced,
by my definition of reasonable) 4K desktop monitors with a
S-IPS screen do not (yet) exist, I am going to be waiting for
a bit before even worrying about the card to drive such a
monitor with.