[mythtv-users] How do I move an old database to an upgraded Back End (0.25 – 0.27)

Mike's JdJ stepsisters at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 22:06:25 UTC 2014

How do I move an old database to an upgraded Back End (0.25 – 0.27)

What I am trying to do is move my database from the old Back End
fixes/0.25(v0.25.2-15-g46cab93 (Ubuntu 10.4 32 bit) to a new
Back End 0.27.0+fixes .20140324.8ee257c-0 ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 12.04
64 bit).

The user and computer names are the same.

I first tried compiling on the new Back End, but that failed.
Then I used the Ubuntu Software Center to install MythTV Front
End.  It prompted me for the database password and I used the
same one.  I see the Back End already running in System Monitor,
so I couldn't restore my old database before it ran configure.

My backup copy of the MythTV 0.25 database does not have the
MySQL Time Zone Tables.  The 0.27 database should have them, but
does the database restore wipe them out?

Can I put my old database copy into /home and use the
mythconverg_restore.pl --directory /home/mythtv --filename
mythconverg-1214-20080626150513.sql.gz script?

I assume that I have to shut down the Back End first.  What is
the command for that in MythTV 0.27 fixes?

Mike