[mythtv-users] no channels found HDHR3-4DC

Dennis Alders dennis.alders at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 05:59:52 UTC 2014

Hello Karl,

On Wednesday, September 10, 2014, Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>
wrote:

> On 09.09.2014 19:06, Dennis Alders wrote:
>
>  No, unfortunately not, our provider is Telfort.
>>

> Do Telfort or Ziggo transmit unencrypted channels? The only references
> on wikipedia are wrt analog transmission and supporting CI+ for digital
> transmission in the Netherlands.

Yes,  they provide unencrypted channels. All my tv sets make use of this,
and as stated in my first e-mail HDHR3-4DC works on linux using the
hdhomerun_config_ui application in combination with vlc. Unfortunately, I
am only interested in the combination HDHR3-4DC with mythtv, making it a
very expensive brick.

Zelfort: Did you configure the correct network_id?
> http://www.telfort.nl/persoonlijk/service/glasvezel/
> zenderlijst-analoge-en-digitale-tv.htm
> Then start a scan on 304 MHz with QAM64 modulation and
> a symbolrate of 6875.

As stated in the e-mails above I configured the network id, frequency and
modulation, but have not found any option to set the symbolrate in mythtv
0.27. Previous versions of mythtv seem to have different
configuration options, like for example to import a channels.conf. There is
in 0.27 an option to import a previous scan, but I have no clue what the
format should be?

> Ziggo: Did you configure the correct network_id?
> https://www.ziggo.nl/klantenservice/televisie-
> radio/installeren/frequenties-netwerknummers
> Then start a scan on 356 MHz with QAM64 modulation and
> a symbolrate of 6875.
>
> The selection of the network number, combined with learning new
> transports while scanning, allows you got quickly get a complete
> channel scan. The network_id goes to the video source.

Transport scanning does nothing in my case, returns immeadiately.

Regards,
> Karl
>
> PS: If someone collects the relevant information for all relevant
> providers, then we can add a preset for the Netherlands to the channel
> scanner.

Yes, this would be great. I think we can work on this as soon as things
start working.

Thanks,
Dennis