[mythtv-users] no channels found HDHR3-4DC

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Sep 10 07:11:45 UTC 2014

On 10.09.2014 07:59, Dennis Alders wrote:
> Yes,  they provide unencrypted channels. All my tv sets make use of
> this, and as stated in my first e-mail HDHR3-4DC works on linux using
> the hdhomerun_config_ui application in combination with vlc.
> Unfortunately, I am only interested in the combination HDHR3-4DC with
> mythtv, making it a very expensive brick.

There is a report from Denmark with the suggestion that MythTV may not
be up to using the DVB-C only HDHR and might need modification. But
Kenni also hints how it should work based on DVB-T.
http://www.mythtv.dk/viewtopic.php?id=534

After looking at http://www.silicondust.com/support/instructions/dvb-c/
my thoughts relating DVB-C mostly apply only to USB/PCI adapters.

Looks like you have to configure your device to a8qam64-6875 (see the
end of the instructions) and then scan the frequency in MythTV. That is
based on the two links above.

Hearing back from anyone using a DVB-C only HDHR with MythTV would be
nice. (saw http://www.hdhomerun.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17728 )

> As stated in the e-mails above I configured the network id, frequency
> and modulation, but have not found any option to set the symbolrate in

sorry, that was TLDR combined with just checking to common issues for
both providers.

I have not yet seen any logs of mythtv-setup, does it contain anything
useful?

Regards,
Karl