[mythtv-users] Frontend optimization

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 22:44:54 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I have 2 dedicated frontends in my home, both are Nvidia ION boards
with 8GB SSD disk.

I want to optimize them, I have some questions about it:

1. SSD: Need I configure something in the /etc/fstab? This is my
actual configuration:

/dev/sda5 /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1

I read about triming the SSD disk, I have this:

# fstrim -v /
/: 4166455296 bytes were trimmed

Is this normal value?

2. Video driver: I am using Nvidia 304 driver and VDPAU nomal in the
playback configuration.

This is my /etc/X11/xorg.conf: http://paste.ubuntu.com/8285242/

Need I configure something else?

3. Memory: I have 4GB in each frontend, could I use it as "ramfs" or
"tmpfs" to improve the frontend speed?

I will appreciate your experiences with this little frontends. I use
to suspend and resume to faster switch on.

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano