[mythtv-users] HDPVR replacement

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 15:06:56 UTC 2014

I tend to prefer HDHomeruns, since they don't use expansion slots (unless
if I'm dedicating a network card for them).

As far as reliability is concerned, it seems HDHomerun is slightly better.
Each of my 2 PVR-500s has lost one tuner, while only one of my 3 dual tuner
HDHomeruns has suffered that fate. The HDHomeruns are also better for
mechanical reasons - the PVR-500s' coaxial connector tends to break loose,
and I'd be worried that any new Hauppauge card would suffer the same fate.

Calvin Dodge