[mythtv-users] shut down OK, reboot nogo

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 01:41:25 UTC 2014

On 10/27/2014 06:56 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> After "sudo visudo" the last few lines of that page are:
>
>   # Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
> %sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
>
> # See sudoers(5) for more information on "#include" directives:
>
> #includedir /etc/sudoers.d
>
> %mythtv ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown, /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh
>
> And this from:  ls -al /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1221 Oct 16 17:46 /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh

Looks OK, but I'd put the MythTV addition in /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv
so the if /etc/sudoers ever gets updated by a package manager (it
happens), your solution won't go away. I'm surprised you don't
have that file already, make sure it's not there and overriding
anything.

In your original post for this topic, you referred to a file
named: /var/log/mythtv/hwclockrebootTime.log. Is that where
/usr/bin/setwakeup.sh writes it's output?

Not sure this is still an open issue.

--
Bill