[mythtv-users] Time Warner STB going to sleep

Greg gregl at nycap.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 03:20:51 UTC 2014

     Starting about last week TW did a firmware update on my SA 4250HDC.
If you stay in a channel too long it pops up a warning and give you one
minute to to hit a key.. Needless to say this is a major setback for
running a pvr..
  I have STB-Command running every 5 minutes to check the state of the
STB,and turn it back on,but the warning screen still shows up in the
recordings..
    My question is,is there a better solution for this problem?  How are
other people dealing with this..

Any suggestions?

Greg