[mythtv-users] Live TV judder until channel change

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 23:22:11 UTC 2014

Hi

On 13 October 2014 10:05, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the help on this!
>
> In git how do you revert one particular commit?  I've never used git
> to this extent and attacking the learning curve.

git revert HASH

that will revert that particular commit and commit that change.

You may also simply patch the code instead.
git diff HASH HASH~ | patch -p1

> For going back, how far would you like me to go?  The oldest ones I
> see in a scan of the commits is on July 8, 2014.  This has to do with
> fileringbuffer locking and another for PIP.  I could back up to July
> 5th (or would you like me to go older?).  Correct me if this is not
> the correct way to do it but I'd do:

I don't think you have to go that far..

git reset --hard 302dde18b440a52f8c53744129a4c9adfee3ef71

is before most of Lawrence's patches were ever committed.

Now there's still 2b88a8a952249a7fc85e4cf6b6d6a79858546bc2, which also
happened to be wrong which was committed on July 9th and I had to
later revert
But this only caused on issue in transitioning between programs. If
you just start liveTV or an existing recording, it won't matter if
it's there.. so for testing it's fine

see how that go for you and if you had no issue then.

Most commits prior that dates are the resync to FFmpeg 1.2.7