[mythtv-users] Live TV judder until channel change

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 23:05:01 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> It was written in June 2011, but only backported in August.
>
> Can you just revert the commit that is marked as "bad"?
>
> Or more easily. What about going backward further and see if that still works. In particular before any of Lawrence Rust commits were ever pushed.
>
> Most of them appear to have caused strong regression unfortunately.

Thanks for the help on this!

In git how do you revert one particular commit?  I've never used git
to this extent and attacking the learning curve.

For going back, how far would you like me to go?  The oldest ones I
see in a scan of the commits is on July 8, 2014.  This has to do with
fileringbuffer locking and another for PIP.  I could back up to July
5th (or would you like me to go older?).  Correct me if this is not
the correct way to do it but I'd do:

git reset --hard 418deb6

It appears 418deb6 was pushed to 0.27 fixes on July 5th so this should
get me back before the Lawrence Rust commits, correct?  I don't know
if it matters but I'm just using the 0.27-fixes branch.  I pulled it
with:

git clone -b fixes/0.27 git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git

Thanks,

Neil