[mythtv-users] Live TV judder until channel change

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 22:26:19 UTC 2014

Hi

On Sunday, October 12, 2014, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> This time I ran the bisect between 6788ea9 (good, August 8) and 082d5c1
> (bad, August 10).  The bisect ended with:
>
> commit f307a3d5e60b0054e1833127d417c6acfada3213
> Author: Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','lvr at softsystem.co.uk');>>
> Date:   Thu Jun 2 12:55:13 2011 +0200
>
>     Player: Improve low bit rate / high latency stream playback
>
> Which clearly shows I'm clueless on how bisect works as I tried to do it
> between the commits on the 8th and 10th.  Again I had one bisect trial that

Because the date of when a change was made is not necessarily the date a
change was committed to the main tree.

It was written in June 2011, but only backported in August.

Can you just revert the commit that is marked as "bad"?

Or more easily. What about going backward further and see if that still
works. In particular before any of Lawrence Rust commits were ever pushed.

Most of them appear to have caused strong regression unfortunately.