[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct - Cliff's Notes?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun Oct 12 15:28:50 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-11 12:42 PM, Bill Meek wrote:

> It seems that the IP address originally posted for folks to
> use in the /etc/hosts solution has changed.
>
> Does the RPZ solution prevent that problem?
>
> I'd like to take you up on your offer. Do you have an
> example of what a user would need to do in order to
> use RPZ for only the Schedules Direct change. E.g no
> other entries, just use one's existing (probably ISP
> based DNS) server except for SD.
>
> [I've been testing with the "proper" source code change,
>   but I'd like to try yours and add it to the Wiki.]

I'm catching up on all this -- let me know if you still want the info...

did the IP address change?

And yes - RPZ's can kind-of fix this.

RPZ's can redirect to an IP or redirect to another hostname.

I used the "A" record which uses an IP... but if there's an official hostname now, I'd prefer to use that so  it tracks automatically.

(hence, why DNS is better than hard coded IP addresses.)

Let me know Bill (and others),

  -Ben