[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct - Cliff's Notes?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 17:42:37 UTC 2014

On 10/07/2014 11:15 AM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 2014-10-07 10:38 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>>
>> No, that is not exactly what I said.  I said that depending on
>> whether the breakup of tribune allows dns changes, you *may*
>> need to do nothing, or you may need to add an entry into your
>> RPZ zone, your host file, or your proxy server (your choice
>> based on your infrastructure).
>
> I did an RPZ since I run ISC bind internally on my network.
>
> If anyone wants help with that, let me know -- but it's pretty easy and if you're running BIND already, I'm guessing you  might already know how
> to do it.

Hi,

It seems that the IP address originally posted for folks to
use in the /etc/hosts solution has changed.

Does the RPZ solution prevent that problem?

I'd like to take you up on your offer. Do you have an
example of what a user would need to do in order to
use RPZ for only the Schedules Direct change. E.g no
other entries, just use one's existing (probably ISP
based DNS) server except for SD.

[I've been testing with the "proper" source code change,
  but I'd like to try yours and add it to the Wiki.]

--
Bill