[mythtv-users] Star Ratings no longer inserted

glen glenb at glenb.us
Sat Nov 29 22:38:57 UTC 2014

I am in the U.S. and do not use schedules direct. I use webgrabplus
with tvguide.com. I have been more than happy with the listings and
particularly the movie descriptions. the ratings are from imdb and take
the form like this in the xml file:
</star-rating>
    <star-rating system="imdb">
      <value>2.2/5</value>
    </star-rating>
i am using mythbuntu updates repo, 27.4 and do updates pretty much
immediately. system is mythbuntu on precise.

i use a manual command with mythfilldatabse to directly put the xml
file to the listings. this has worked fine until today i noticed none
of the movies any longer had the star ratings.

i believe, but am not certain, that is the result of the update from a
day or two ago. i have already restored a prior database and as soon as
i run mythfilldatabase the star ratings are gone. everything else in
terms of listings is fine.

if someone either has or can point me to a way to get the previous
version before this last update i would really appreciate it.

i also tested with mc2xml data (which i know is discouraged), and the
same result, no star ratings in the listings.

i did read somewhere on the list recently that there was a change to
the parsing file of xmltv files and i think maybe that could be it, or
possibly i have some other problem that just happenned on my system but
i know my restored database was good.

i would like to revert to the packages as they existed before the very
last download and test if anyone has them or knows of a way to do it.

thank you.