[mythtv-users] Cablecard spec change undermining CCI Copy Freely flags

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 18:04:12 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22)
<cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I am not following this - can you simplify it for me?

I am saying that Comcast will be rolling out a new
Cisco firmware that has a change.  It was reported
(indirectly, and not authoritatively) that this change
may have addressed some issues that were implied
to have occurred to some customers with the
CCI=none->CCI=not_specified->CGMS flagging
issues.  BUT NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING FOR
SURE.

In simpler words, someone needs to actually test
and report.  It may get better.  It may get worse.
It may stay the same.

This is *only* a Cisco firmware revision.  It does
not impact the great majority of Comcast customers
who use Arris (previously Motorola) equipment.