[mythtv-users] scheduling a currently showing recording

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:50:38 UTC 2014

Hoi Greg,

Friday, November 28, 2014, 8:39:22 AM, you wrote:

>> On 28 Nov 2014, at 02:04, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hoi Karl,
>>
>> Friday, November 28, 2014, 2:51:23 AM, you wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Greg,
>>>
>>> Start watching the show in LiveTV, then press the record button.
>>> There's a record button on my remote, and should be the r/R key on the
>>> keyboard (I haven't tried this, see
>>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Keybindings).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Alistair
>>
>>> It may have something to do with the "future showings" because I
>>> successfully started a recording on an in-progress show (one of the
>>> Thanksgiving parades, which have no future showings in the next 2
>>> weeks) *without* first going to Live TV. I'm on on 0.27.4 (Gentoo).
>>
>>> Karl
>>
>> That was my guess too when I encountered it some time ago. But since I
>> only record so adhoc if I'm testing I forgot about it. It would be
>> nice that if you select a show in the guide it would record that one
>> and not a future repeat! But I guess it comes with the standard select
>> mechanism, where a complete recording is favored over an incomplete
>> one.

> Thanks all. Sound like a bug.  To repeat try and schedule a present
> show that has started, that has a duplicate future program.  Expects
> behaviour is to be able override and to record the present show.
> Present behaviour in 0.27.4 on ubuntu 12.04 is to suggest a future
> recording will be recorded (but not found in mythweb status or logs as a schedule)

> I even had mythweb go green at some point, but no scheduling...

> WAF / GAF is low in Sussex this morning.

> Greg

I don't think you should call it a bug. It's normal standard behaviour
you normally want. It would however be nice if you could simply
override it without going to livetv.
I wonder what would happen if you block the recording of the later
showing by setting it on override to not record? Would it go back to
the earlier incomplete showing or just record nothing?

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop