[mythtv-users] scheduling a currently showing recording

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 07:39:22 UTC 2014

> On 28 Nov 2014, at 02:04, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hoi Karl,
>
> Friday, November 28, 2014, 2:51:23 AM, you wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> Start watching the show in LiveTV, then press the record button.
>> There's a record button on my remote, and should be the r/R key on the
>> keyboard (I haven't tried this, see
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Keybindings).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alistair
>
>> It may have something to do with the "future showings" because I
>> successfully started a recording on an in-progress show (one of the
>> Thanksgiving parades, which have no future showings in the next 2
>> weeks) *without* first going to Live TV. I'm on on 0.27.4 (Gentoo).
>
>> Karl
>
> That was my guess too when I encountered it some time ago. But since I
> only record so adhoc if I'm testing I forgot about it. It would be
> nice that if you select a show in the guide it would record that one
> and not a future repeat! But I guess it comes with the standard select
> mechanism, where a complete recording is favored over an incomplete
> one.

Thanks all. Sound like a bug.  To repeat try and schedule a present show that has started, that has a duplicate future program.  Expects behaviour is to be able override and to record the present show.  Present behaviour in 0.27.4 on ubuntu 12.04 is to suggest a future recording will be recorded (but not found in mythweb status or logs as a schedule)

I even had mythweb go green at some point, but no scheduling...

WAF / GAF is low in Sussex this morning.

Greg