[mythtv-users] are rules case sensitive?

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:55:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 22:45:42 +1300
Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:19:59 +1100, you wrote:
>
> >Hi *,
> >
> >Should a custom rule, "program.title LIKE '%vikings%'" find a program
> >called "Vikings"?  There is such a rule on my machine, and tomorrow
> >night's program is being ignored.  The guide shows the program, but
> >"mythbackend --printsched" does not.  The previous season worked. Is
> >there a list of stupid things that I might have done to upset it?
>
> The rule is just SQL - so it follows the MySQL rules.  So yes, it
> should be doing a case insensitive match.
>
> It is possible that the scheduler thinks that this match has been
> previously recorded, and so will not record it again.  I would suggest
> going to the program in the guide and seeing what it is flagged as.

It is not flagged as anything.

> Or
> go to Manage Recordings > Recording Rules and use Ctrl-S to search for
> your rule, then use the O key to see all the listings that currently
> match that rule.  You may see that all of the matching listings are
> greyed out as not going to be recorded for one reason or another.  If
> there are no matches for the rule, then I have no clue as to why it
> would not match.

Two blue entries, one for HD one for SD.  Mythbuntu 12.04 plus many
updates, including
mythtv-backend_2%3a0.27.4+fixes.20141120.65d92fd-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1_amd64.deb

Standard theme.  The screen shows:

Program Listings                          vikings
                                           1 of 2
Tomorrow, 9:30 ...   30 SBS HD  Vikings         -
Tomorrow, 9:30 ...   33 SBS 3   Vikings         -

Vikings
tomorrow 9:30 PM - 10:25 PM                                   30 SBS HD
(S.2,Ep.1) Brother's War - The Nordic warriors with an insatiable
appetite for brutal warfare, unrestrained passion, alliances and
betrayal are back for an action-packed second season. #Vikings

melbourne.sbshd.sbs.au/677030                             not Recording

[retyped and slightly reformatted]

--
testing
bP