[mythtv-users] are rules case sensitive?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Nov 26 09:45:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:19:59 +1100, you wrote:

>Hi *,
>
>Should a custom rule, "program.title LIKE '%vikings%'" find a program
>called "Vikings"?  There is such a rule on my machine, and tomorrow
>night's program is being ignored.  The guide shows the program, but
>"mythbackend --printsched" does not.  The previous season worked. Is
>there a list of stupid things that I might have done to upset it?

The rule is just SQL - so it follows the MySQL rules.  So yes, it
should be doing a case insensitive match.

It is possible that the scheduler thinks that this match has been
previously recorded, and so will not record it again.  I would suggest
going to the program in the guide and seeing what it is flagged as. Or
go to Manage Recordings > Recording Rules and use Ctrl-S to search for
your rule, then use the O key to see all the listings that currently
match that rule.  You may see that all of the matching listings are
greyed out as not going to be recorded for one reason or another.  If
there are no matches for the rule, then I have no clue as to why it
would not match.