[mythtv-users] disabling commflagging

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Nov 15 15:46:40 UTC 2014

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 14:00:32 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello
>
>I found that commflaging isn't doing so well with the stuff I am
>recording. Often, the end of ads is marked either 30-60 sec too early or
>too late, so that I have to move back or forward to get at the right place.
>
>As commflaging is keeping the backend busy, I wanted to disable it totally.
>
>To do so, I have unchecked the corresponding item in mythtv-setup on the
>backend. Unfortunately, all recordings are still in the job queue to be
>commflaged.
>
>Is there a way to disable commflaging totally ? Will it do if I set all
>channels as ad free ?
>
>Thanx and regards
>Yann

Each recording rule in its Post Processing section has the option for
"Advert flag new recordings".  You can turn those flags off in each
recording rule, and also in your template rules so that any newly
created recording rules will not have it.  If you want to turn all
those options off in all the rules, then there is no way that I know
of using the GUI except to do it manually one rule at a time.  You
could do it with SQL - the setting is in the record.autocommflag field
and setting that to 0 should disable commflagging for that rule.

But if you have turned off the global flag in mythtv-setup, that
should have disabled commflagging completely.  If it has not, that
would seem to be a bug.  I would presume that changing that setting
would require restarting mythbackend - did you do that?