[mythtv-users] useonairguide

Johan Van der Kolk johan.vanderkolk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:34:34 UTC 2014

I may not be understanding this, so a hint to how this works is welcome.

I set my sources to use only EIT data
I set my channels to use onairguide
works as expected - getting EPG data from the signal on all channels.

I set my sources to use only EIT data
I set some channels not to use onairguide
All channels still receive EPG data (and show it in the guide) from the signal, including the ones where I set the useonairguide switch to off.

I set my sources not use only EIT data, nor any other source.
I set my channels to use onairguide
Not getting EPG data on any channel.

Conclusion: The useonairguide switch does not do what I expected.

I expected to be able to enable EIT in general for the source, but exclude channels using the useonairguide switch.
For those channels I would run a mythfilldatabase using external xmltv data (the —file option).
Now the EIT data overwrites the xmltv data.

Between tests I ran MySQL query: "delete from program” to clear the EPG data..

Thanks in advance for any advice on how I can achieve a mixture of EIT data and xmltv data on one source, choosing per channel which EPG data source I would like to use.

Johan