[mythtv-users] camping/ rvining

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 11:38:32 UTC 2014

Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> ... or even sometimes I’ve just used mythweb to download stuff I want that recorded while I was away.

+1 for that

Or transcode stuff to make the files smaller and/or fix problems. I was just downloading the raw files, but found that some were making my players crash (Quicktime Player or VLC on Mac) - I assume due to uncorrected transmission errors. I was already setup to transcode stuff to watch on my iPad, so I tend to just do that - which has the bonus of making the files smaller to download acrosss the internet.