[mythtv-users] System hangs occasionally

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sat Nov 1 04:41:23 UTC 2014

This happened to me a few months ago, but then mysteriously things have
been normal until the last couple of weeks.

Occasionally my system hangs. Maybe a couple times a week. I won't know
about it until I try to look at MythWeb from another machine, or I try
to watch something I recorded.

I have a single machine running MythTV, both front end and back end, on
Ubuntu 12.04. I'm still running Myth version 27.3, if that's the correct
way to say that.

I recall someone recommending that I keep a remote terminal open to the
Myth machine running something so that I can see what was happening when
the Myth system hangs. I think the recommended program was top. I've got
that running now, so I'll see what it tells me the next time I get a hang.

Does anyone have a better recommendation for watching for a crash?

Thanks for any ideas.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens