[mythtv-users] Seek Tables

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Nov 1 02:16:45 UTC 2014

Hi
If I view a recording or a video on my android tablet it cannot seek. All the fiddling I have achieved with ffmpeg achieves nothing. If I open the video with avidemux it builds a seek table and then I CAN seek.

First clearly I’m doing it wrong, but oh how I’ve searched I cannot see what
Next if I view a video using Window Media Server on W7 I CAN seek even video that I cannot seek on the android

Please can anyone help me from the mess, either to automatically build seek tables or an android app that can seek our video. I’m using the UpnP app.
(I’m a bear of little brain but I cannot imagine how windows seeks a non-seektable-stream!)
Thanks
James