[mythtv-users] Time-Warner Cable/upcoming top-to-bottom channel reorg

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Thu May 29 17:52:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM,  <glenb at glenb.us> wrote:
> I am in the same boat in los angeles using qam, hdpvr and some on firewire.
> I use tvguide listings using webgrabplus. I am planning to start from
> scratch for the hdpvr lineup and check to see if the qam channels are still
> there and if they too get remapped. if they are remapped I will have to
> rescan those also. I find the tvguide listings better than schedules direct
> for me

Schedules Direct has added support in our JSON service for QAM
listings; it removes the "scan and correlate" step. You send us the
scan, _we_ correlate, and then you can use the QAM lineup on your
system. The QAM lineup becomes a distinct type that you associate only
with your QAM tuners. It also allows us to provide guide data for
"bonus" channels; sometimes providers have QAM channels that they
don't have in their "X" lineup.