[mythtv-users] Problems with mythmetadatalookup

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 23:04:53 UTC 2014

> Mark, Below is the mythfrontend log from my backend server.  Looks like I am getting en_US.utf8.

I noticed this in your startup.

> 2014-05-26 08:17:51.249107 I  Assumed character encoding: en_US.utf8
> 2014-05-26 08:17:51.249120 W  This application expects to be running a locale that specifies a UTF-8 codeset, and many features may behave improperly with your current language settings. P
> lease set the LC_ALL or LC_CTYPE, and LANG variable(s) in the environment in which this program is executed to include a UTF-8 codeset (such as 'en_US.UTF-8').
> 2014-05-26 08:17:51.249919 N

Just to make sure it is not a locale / language thing, try running this command from a terminal window:

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a AU -N 95731 "Rat on a Cheeto"

Or guessing US equivalent:

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N 95731 "Rat on a Cheeto"

I don't think it is a locale problem but I do like being thorough and should be easy enough to completely rule out.

> Meanwhile, I'll poke around and see if I can find a newer copy of the ttvdb.py script.
>
> Larry

Might be easier to upgrade to fixes/0.27.1 - lot of great improvements in there and might be hard tracking down an old variant of ttvdb.py that has the necessary changes / fixes for your version.