[mythtv-users] Announcement: merge of devel/027candidates

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu May 15 01:50:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, 15 May 2014 11:41:07 AM Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> It has now reached a point where we believe it is stable enough and
> all those changes can be merged into fixes/0.27 which will then become
> 0.27.1.

Sweet! Particularly looking fwd to the following:

> - All enhancements to LiveTV that were made to master. This includes
> seeking within the entire liveTV playback session, much faster channel
> changes, smoother program transitions

It would be great if I could migrate my SO from using the TV Input for channel flipping
rather than LiveTV

> - New VDPAU code that fixes all known playback problems (in particular
> of mpeg2 streams and DVDs)

I have a couple of duff DVD's I'd like to test this with.

> Before this merge occurs, we would appreciate a last round of tests to
> make sure everything is working as nicely as we believe it does.
>
> Mythbuntu/Ubuntu users, test packages are available in this repository:
> http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos

That would be these?

*Testing/Work in Progress packages:* (browse[1])deb http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos DISTRIBUTION testing

Will I be able to swicth back to the main MythTV repos once 2.7.1 is released?

thanks,
--
Lindsay

--------