[mythtv-users] Announcement: merge of devel/027candidates

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 15 01:41:07 UTC 2014

Hello

Over the past few months, a devel/027candidates git branch has been
maintained that contained most fixes that went into master, as well as
several enhancements that do not fit in the "fixes" category, or too
disruptive to make their way directly into fixes/0.27.

It has now reached a point where we believe it is stable enough and
all those changes can be merged into fixes/0.27 which will then become
0.27.1.

The list of changes include:
- Upgrade to FFmpeg 1.2.6
- All enhancements to LiveTV that were made to master. This includes
seeking within the entire liveTV playback session, much faster channel
changes, smoother program transitions
- All enhancements to the mythtv' rinbguffer made in master (related
to LiveTV, but also improve overall streaming from the frontend) and
fi
- New IPTV recorder that fixes Ceton and other RTSP streams (in
particular fixes for Freebox users)
- New VDPAU code that fixes all known playback problems (in particular
of mpeg2 streams and DVDs)

Before this merge occurs, we would appreciate a last round of tests to
make sure everything is working as nicely as we believe it does.

People compiling from source, access the branch with:
$ git checkout devel/027candidates

Mythbuntu/Ubuntu users, test packages are available in this repository:
http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos

Those packages are 100% compatible with an existing mythbuntu install
and can just be upgraded as-is.

Thank you for your help
Regards
Jean-Yves