[mythtv-users] Playback On Intel

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 12:57:52 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 8:50 AM, David Edwards <david at more.fool.me.uk>wrote:

> On 12 May 2014 13:21, Greg Thompson <gthompson20 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can confirm that the Patch does stop the segfaults...
>
> I can't remember having had any segfaults yet, but it's great to hear
> VAAPI is getting some love.
>
> > However I like the De-Interlacing MUCH better in OpenGL High Quality
> than VAAPI.
>
> Absolutely. Even if my other problems are fixed, I'm not sure I could
> live with Bob.
>
> There is an interesting thread on the XBMC forums about de-interlacing
> with VAAPI:
> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707
>
> It sounds like they're working on supporting software deinterlacing so
> as not to be constrained by the VAAPI library. I would still be
> interested to know why the Motion Adaptive deinterlacer is not
> available in Mythfrontend even though the Intel release notes claim it
> is now supported on Haswell.
>
> David

Regarding your other issues... I have an Intel Core i3 Haswell NUC, and I
had all sorts of issues with Software and OpenGL Profiles.... What finally
fixed it for me was:.
1. New Install Of Xubuntu 14.04
2. Turn Off Display Compositing for Xubuntu
3. Install the Intel Drivers/Xorg Driver/Mesa from the
ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
repository. (
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_1310_oibaf&num=1)

After this OpenGL High runs awesome for me.

Greg